Is anyone having PANGP connect/disconnect issues in Window8?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is anyone having PANGP connect/disconnect issues in Window8?

L1 Bithead

I am piloting the VPN solution for PAN.  So far everything looks good with Win7 but there are connect/disconnect issues with Win8.  I have made a support case and it looks to be a Win8 issue.  I need to know if anyone else has run into this issue and if there is a work around for it.

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

8 or 8.1 ?

Don't have any problem with 8.1, global protect client 2.0.2. Works same way as for win7 clients

so far it 8.  I have a few users complaining about connect/disconnect.  I have been testing it for 2 days straight and it looks good to me.  I only lost 6 pings out of 18K +.  Thanks for your reply.

L4 Transporter

There have been some folks complaining of this but the problem appears out of the blue and intermittently. If you are seeing this, could you please share the details of the client machines. We have had some complaints but it is hard to replicate the issue and as such, any new data would help every one and would help us narrow down the problem. Thanks!

L3 Networker

Maybe this can help you:

GlobalProtect 3G issue on Windows 8 pro tablet

I had an issue on Win8 when connected with 3G.

See the above posting with the solution.

HTH

L1 Bithead

I have tracked the issue to 2 client machines.  The first client sounds like he was roaming between APs at an offsite meeting.  Once i can get his machine and test on a know good connection I should have that answer.  As for the other client, that one may be harder.  I will post findings once i can get my hands on those tablets.

When people are connected to open WIFIs, Hotel WIFI, Hotspots... you often have the problem that the WIFI Provider is using a proxy and that certs are replaced or som kind of traffic is just blocked or there are more NATs between the connection.

So this is a normal "problem" that you might not be able to fix as long as the connection works fine on "normal" networks.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!