Is Azure A Safe Place To Secure Data On Cloud?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is Azure A Safe Place To Secure Data On Cloud?

L0 Member

I am planning to take Azure certification from one of the renowned training institute in Bangalore. I was reading some facts about Azure i.e Azure is a service provided by Microsoft which was initially known as Windows Azure. The function of Azure is basically internet-based computing or popularly known as cloud computing which helps in sharing the files and information to any individual or a group of people. You can definitely accelearate the output of your business by using Azure. So, kindly enlighten me more on this topic.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Safe and secure are relative terms. you have to ask who you are protecting this data from and how are you going to do it. Azure can be safe or not depending on configuration. Also remember that you are just storing your data on someone elses hardware.

Hope that helps.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@arpittrainer,

Azure can both be a very safe place to run services, and it can be an absolute security nightmare. The thing that you have to remember about Azure is that Microsoft isn't securing your tenant. The task of actually securing your workloads and verifying that you are operating in a secure manner is still up to the customer and the decisions that they make. 

The thing about cloud services by nature is that they default to being pretty open. When you spin up a VM in Azure for example it'll be given a public IP address by default. If you go into spinning up cloud resources the same way you do internal resources you're going to have a bad time. You actually have to design your workloads and processes around the cloud. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!