Is configuration file from 2050 device can be imported and loaded to 5050 device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is configuration file from 2050 device can be imported and loaded to 5050 device?

L4 Transporter

Hi All,.

As we are upgrading the device from 2050 to 5050, Is configuration file from 2050 device can be imported and loaded to 5050 device? or from any xxxx series to yyyy series.

regards,

Gururaj

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

Hi,

yes you can but you'll get some warnings and you have to check them.

I already made reverse of that.Especially interfaces should be checked.

Sometimes you have to edit the xml by hand and it works.

Thanks panos,.

How to edit XML? can you give some example about what you have edited and how you identified that what needs to be edited?.

regards,

Gururaj

sometimes after loading the configuration we could not commit.I saw the warnings on the commit and deleted some undefined objects from xml which were already deleted from gui but they were not deleted from config(don't know how) this happened for different devices different times.3020 to 5020 for example.

Below is the error i am getting,... you mean i need to delete zones and Vwire in this case?

Regards,

Gururaj

L4 Transporter

If using HA, make sure to change the HA to the dedicated ports in 5050.

What needs to be edited ?

It depends on what error you get. You would sometimes get an error stating as "invalid reference".

if loaded config is fine for you then export the candidate and delete the vwire for eth1 and eth2 thing at all

also search for "deleted" in xml you will see outside zone named.Delete this also

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!