is it possible to export firewall rule only??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

is it possible to export firewall rule only??

L3 Networker

Hi all.

Is it possible to export security policy with CSV, PDF or txt format?? I can’t find any export menu only for firewall rule.

If it is possible, is it able to modify that exported firewall rule??

And then is it possible to import modified firewall rule to PA device??

Customer wants to review their firewall rule with readable file format.

Of course I know that PA supports export for configuration file on the Device TAB but it is included all of configure information.

I just want to know that how to export firewall policy only with CSV, PDF or etc.

Thanks,

Eugene.

19 REPLIES 19

L3 Networker

does not work for me, maybe i should just make a feature request...

PA.bmp

I had the same results following the directions with Excel.  I followed the same directions but instead used a web browser to create the key, then I used the key (again from the web browser) to create the xml.  I then saved the xml to a file and imported the file using Excel data import.  Though the spreadsheet is not pretty.  I have multiple lines for each rule.

thanks, ill give that a try.

Has anyone else made a feature request? I made one through Santiago this past week.

L3 Networker

I have been thinking about how to do basic (think text or html output) customizable reporting from XML and as an experiment implemented something in Python that uses a templating language call "JSON Template".  I'll attach the current documentation which has examples and if there is interest I can try to post it to devcenter.

• 19 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!