Is there any way to get the sites visited in the "User Activity Report"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there any way to get the sites visited in the "User Activity Report"?

L1 Bithead

• Using the module "User activity report" provides information on sites that are blocked for a user by a PA rule. If a user matches any blocked site, then this information comes in white.
• To understand the behavior of a user, using a "Custom Report" with some parameters.

My question is whether there is any way to get the sites visited in  the "User Activity Report" even activating some parameter in the  navigation rules.
The report of the "Custom Report" is very unfriendly.

Regards

JAG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

The User Activity Report has:

• Browsing Summary by Category
  • Browsing Summary by Website
  • Detailed Web Browsing Activity

In order for the report to display the above,  a URL filtering Profile must be created using the alert option in the required categories. This will solve your purpose of doing a report generation and at the same time allowing users to access the desired category. You can set news and media to alert ,  the user would not be alerted while he goes to any news website , but the firewall will start logging in URL logs and hence User activity report.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Parth

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

The Palo Alto Networks products will only log URLs visited in the reports if you have the "action" under the URL filtering profile(s) set to "alert" "block" continue" or "override".

We do not log on the "allow" action.

Hopefully this will help you get the results you desire in your reporting.

Thank you,

Benjamin

Hi, we have exactly the same "problem".  if its only logging the blocked sites its not a user activity report but more a block report.  now we have for example some users which are exesively using "news-and-media" or "streaming-media" but we want to know more in detail what kind of websites they are visiting under this category, because it can be so many different things.

i really hope future releases of the PAN-OS will contain complete logging, or at least have an option to activate detailed logging.  I'm sure that almost any PA Admin would love to have this function....

Hi ,

The User Activity Report has:

• Browsing Summary by Category
  • Browsing Summary by Website
  • Detailed Web Browsing Activity

In order for the report to display the above,  a URL filtering Profile must be created using the alert option in the required categories. This will solve your purpose of doing a report generation and at the same time allowing users to access the desired category. You can set news and media to alert ,  the user would not be alerted while he goes to any news website , but the firewall will start logging in URL logs and hence User activity report.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Parth

This works.

This works..
Thanks!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!