Is there max concurrent session for GP with one ID?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is there max concurrent session for GP with one ID?

L5 Sessionator

Hi there,

One of my customer says when he establishes multiple GP tunnel from multiple iPad (iOS 12), when 4th tunnel is established, 1st tunnel will be disconnected.

His topologies are as below:

-PA is VM-300 with PAN-OS 7.1

-iPads run with iOS 12.2

-GP agent on iPad is 5.0.5

-authentication for GP is using localdb, and localdb has only one set of ID and password

-all users use same ID and password for connection

-GP Gateway subscription is installed

-split tunnel setting is 0.0.0.0/0

If he establishes multiple tunnels with multiple windows pc, it works fine as expected.

Even the following KB says we can use same ID to establish multiple tunnels:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CligCAC

it looks to me, there is max of 3 tunnels with one ID if endpoint is iphone.

Additional Info:

sslvpn_ngx_error.log is recording a lots of "client 127.0.0.1 closed keepalive connection" - I'm not sure this is related or not

Does anyone know this is by design

or this is a bug ( bugID if available),

or any information that you are able to more than 4 iOS with same ID? - because I don't have iPads, I can not test it.

Regards,

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!