Issues when installing Cortex on Debian

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issues when installing Cortex on Debian

L2 Linker

Hello,

Currently, we are installing the Cortex XDR agent on Debian servers. We have followed the steps as the documentation says. But, when the services are gonna be started it shows an error: 

Cortex XDR.png

"sbin/service: not found". All the services show "Stopped" status. 

If I check the "/opt/traps" directory and if I run the command "dpkg -l | grep cortex-agent, all is ok. The agent is installed. The issue is when we try to execute it.

Is there something that we need to change?

Regards, 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

@iscott Which debian version did you use and which Cortex Agent?

Best Regards
Chacko

L1 Bithead

Hi I've the same issue with Cortex XDR 7.6 and a debian V8 version...

Seul un idiot mesure la profondeur de l'eau avec ses deux pieds.

Hello, @Sabjul 

This year I had the same issue in other Debian/Ubuntu servers. I opened a case with the TAC and after following this process, the services are ok.

- We have uninstall the XDR Agent. Follow the documentation in order to know which method to use.
- Rebooted the machine and installed the XDR Agent using - apt-get install ./filename.deb

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/cortex/cortex-xdr/7-2/cortex-xdr-agent-admin/cortex-xdr-agent-for-...

- Found services were stopped. (Again).
- Started the services using Cytool runtime start all
- Could see the agent is reported to the console and services are working.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!