It does not update

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

It does not update

L3 Networker

Hi,

Pa-500 show "app mistach" .

They have 6.1.0 version and are configured in active-passive mode.

They shows in interface web  "App version" and "Threat version" Mismatch.

If I make a ping to updates.paloaltonetworks.com from devices, my computer and "web ping online" and the this test fails. Is it normal?

In system/logs, it shows connection to updates.paloaltonetworks.com and think that they have been downladed new version.

I think in web interface this information is wrong.

Could someone help me?

RegardsScreenshot_18.pngScreenshot_19.pngScreenshot_20.pngScreenshot_21.pngScreenshot_22.pngScreenshot_23.pngScreenshot_24.pngScreenshot_25.pngScreenshot_26.png

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Yes ping is disabled for updates.paloaltonetworks.com (allows software downloads and licenses retrieval). 

Where downloads.paloaltonetworks.com (allows dynamic updates to download) should respond for the ping requests. 

More info here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Unable-to-Perform-Dynamic-Updates-with-quot...

Did you try manually check and install or reinstall app/threat ? l would do it from the passive side. Check if you can resolve DNS names for the both sites from the device. 

Thx,

Myky

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

It looks like everything is connecting and downloading just fine but it simply didn't install the 640 update. Try to manually initiate the install on the Passive firewall and see if it was simply a hiccup with the install on the Passive unit. If it installs fine manually then I would wait until the next update and see if it happens again, if it doesn't than it was likely just a fluke. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Doing the manual install this evening might be best; looking at your settings the emrgency update 641 would give you a chance to see if it installs correctly tomorrow morning, if it not let us know. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!