latest stable version of PAN OS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

latest stable version of PAN OS

L3 Networker

Hi All,

I am looking for the latest PAN OS version that is being used( any pointers why it is good would be a plus)  , i am looking to update my firewalls and Panorama. also any good links on how to absorb existing running firewalls in the panorama would be helpfull.

Regards,

~Harry

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Recommended-version-PanOS-for-this-vulnerability...

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

thanks ,

it appears to be version fix for the vulnerability, i am looking a stable version over all.

regards,

~Harry

If lives rely on it then 6.1.10

Version 7 was pretty bad in the beginning.

Got better with 7.0.4 and for most cases 7.0.5-h2 works well.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

L1 Bithead

Probably 6.1.10

I've heart 7 has few nice updates, but I would really wait for 7.1, so not getting 7.0 for now

Hello,

I have deployed 6.1.10 on several different models without any issues. the 7.0.x series is a bit too new for me, letting others run it and seeing what the gotcha's are.

Regards,

L1 Bithead

Hi , PAN-OS 7.0.4 is the stable version I have seen so far in 7.x trail. I could see people are quite used to version 6.1.7, as this happens to be one of the stable version. We recently upgarded from 6.1.7 to 7.0.2 and finally to 7.0.4. The upgarde was quite stable yet we faced some issues with Zone Protection Profile. If you are running OSPF and using ZPP make sure to either diable ZPP on the interface where OSPF is enabled or atleast disbale the fragmented traffic option as the firewall was dropping the fragmented traffic,

Cheers

Yasir

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!