Log to CSV export limits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Log to CSV export limits

L3 Networker

Hello everybody,

sometimes I'm asked to export some logs from the devices I manage, and most of the time I'm given a well defined time range for the logs to search for. But sometimes I need all the logs matching a particular filter (source, destination, port/application) regardless of the time the logs were generated and, by default, the "export to CSV" is set to return at most 65,535 rows. I know that this limit can be raised up to 1,048,576. Has anyone set this value for the csv export? Is it safe to use this limit or It can have a huge impact on the management subsystem?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hi @SNavsegda 

thanks, I know how to increase that limit. My question was: exporting a 1 million rows CSV file from the UI could impact the device health and the management plane subsystem, i.e. making the WebUI unresponsive?

EDIT: ok, I got it! Thanks

Warning: Increasing the export to the maximum amount, 1048576, may cause management of the device to slow when exporting but will not affect the traffic traversing the firewall.

I tried and in my case, answer was yes.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!