Logging into Management UI causes network latency

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Logging into Management UI causes network latency

L4 Transporter

Can someone else please test this? Run a continuous ping to a PA200, log into the PA200's management UI, did the pings response times increase? Or drop?

We are noticing this on about 5 different remote PA200's.  They are all on 6.0.6.  Some are on DSL and some on cable.  Response times jump from 20-40ms to 900-1000ms, and some time out.

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Jambulo,

I tested this on PA-200 on 6.0.4, .5 and .6  and didn't get any increase in latency while running a ping test to the management interface. Are you also pinging the management interface or a dataplane interface. I don't discard that your issue is possible, and it would make me think that probably the traffic traversing the PA-200 is reaching the capacity of this small appliance.

Thanks,

Very little traffic is running through these PA200(on average less than 1Mbps).  Another thing I should have mentioned, I created a Loopback interface on the PA200s and am using that to remotely connect to the Management UI.

Update: Latency occurs if I log into a PA200 using a loopback interface or the Ethernet interface IP.  Still need to test with the actual management interface.

Another update:

Running a continuous ping from a switch that is directly connected to the PA200 while logging in does not experience any latency.  Only pings that go over the internet(from HQ to Remote Site, not inside a VPN tunnel) will experience latency when logging into the PA200.

L2 Linker

What is what you're pinging? Have you run packet captures and any debugs? Packet Capture, Debug Flow-basic and Counter Commands

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!