LSVPN - Contingency

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LSVPN - Contingency

Not applicable

Hi guys,

I have one snario that have some satellites connecting each with Global Protect Portal (Large Scale VPN) and I need implement contingency. I was trying to create other portal, other gateway , PBF in the satellites to control default route, and other tunnel ipsec (global satellite), but the problem is: when I change the default route to other link (with the other lsvpn) the first route (old vpn) parsed to gateway remains in the route table, losing the conectivity with satellite.

How can I make the contingency with large scale vpn?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

You can setup IPSEC from One Satellite to 2 HUB Firewalls and configure Tunnel Monitor for fail over.

In case of failure of connectivity with one hub all traffic  for satellite would get routed through other hub.

You can setup this config  in Portal Profile giving appropriate gateway Priority.

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |

Hello,

Check out the following and see if it helps out.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-admin/vpns/vpn-deployments

Sometimes its better to go with an already proven concept. Also you can run OSPF between the sites so if one fails those routes are no longer advertised.

Hope that helps.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!