Manage users connected to wire from layer 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Manage users connected to wire from layer 3

Hello i need for you help.

The client has device connected in virtual wire mode and wants to configure another interface on the device that will connect to your LAN where their servers are and can see users who connect to the virtual wire mode.

The virtual network wire is connected only to mobile users ..
Since the other network want to manage such mobile users, create policies, security rules etc. Is this possible..

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

Hi...If I understand you correctly, the server LAN will connect to a layer3 Eth port of the PA.  The mobile users are crossing the vwire of the PA to reach the server LAN.  Several options are available and it boils down to having 2 layer3 interfaces to route traffic from users to servers.  You can create 2 L3 sub-interfaces on the layer3 port and police traffic between the 2 sub-interfaces (i.e. 1 sub-int for users & 1 sub-int for servers).   Or define 2 physical L3 Eth ports to control traffic between them.   You wouldn't need the virtual wire anymore. Thanks.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!