Managed devices list export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Managed devices list export

L1 Bithead

I thought this would be something easy to look up and preform but I am obviously to optimistic.  What I would like to do is export a CSV or txt file with all the managed devices out of Panorama with thier device name, model, OS Version #, HA status, Management IP, serial number.  I can get all the information from the GUI under Panorama -> Managed Devices and then select the columns I want, but I cant export it. I rather not have to transcribe to excel 250 firewalls.  

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

That does seem like a reasonable request. Reach out to your SE so they can add it to the wish list. Other than that I would suggest maybe doing a copy from panorama webpage into excel? I do this for our monthly audits of firewall changes. Its the only way I have found that is easy and works.

Hope that helps.

... and another use case for the API. This way you are already able to do what you want without waiting until you upgrade to 8.1 (yes with 8.1 it is possible to export a CSV from the panorama WebUI)

API Command:

https://PANORAMA/api/?key=APIKEY&type=op&cmd=<show><devices><all></all></devices></show>

Thanks for the response.  Is it possible to do this from the CLI.  It appears the API call is going to require setup and credentials setup.  Though there is some debate if it will be possible at all since we use dual factor authentication on the GUI. 

@vseward

If you are logged in to the WebUI (requires admin priviledges or at least API rights), then you can change the URL to https://PANORAMA/api. After that you should be able to click to the command in my last post (Operational Commands > show > devices > all). After that the xml list will be shown in the browser.

Cannot test right now, but its possible that you will get your list simply with the command "show devices all".

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!