Management server failed to send ID request to client device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Management server failed to send ID request to client device

Not applicable

I am running PanOS v 4.0.2 and am unable to commit due to the error message.

Management server failed to send ID request to client device.

Any tips on how to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

I have resolved this in the past by two ways, running a commit force from the CLI.

I would collect the tech-support logs and send them to support to open a bug.

This does not solve the problem. I have reset the management plane, and device-server and tried a commit force from the CLI to no avail.

A new Apps and Threats release (244-961) was installed last night.  I reverted to the old one (243-954) and it resolved this issue.

There's also this post that may help.  I didn't try it, however: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/6044#6044

I did not update to 244-961. We are still running 243-954. We had no dynamic change ie apps, threats, AV, GP that was updated.

Commit force is still failing.

L6 Presenter

@tim_proffitt:

It sounds like you should open a case with support, but a few questions:

1. does the command line respond slowly to commands? (i.e. does it take several seconds to get any response to 'show system info')

2. does the output of 'show system resources' indicate that the mgmtsrvr process is using >800m of virt memory?

these symptoms would tend to indicate a possible problem with the management server process which could lead to an inability to commit changes to the device.

-benjamin

Hi,

Do you by accident use Firefox 4?

I had exactly the same issue with F4.  Using IE did not return any error anymore.

Make  sure to revert the candidate config to the running config (or reboot)  to remove 'the bad stuff', although I don't know exactly what the bad  stuff was

Cheers,

Stijn.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!