Manual software upgrade to 4.0.4 error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual software upgrade to 4.0.4 error

L3 Networker

I tried upgrading PA2050 to from 4.01 to 4.04.

But when I choose upload en the image file the PA starts uploading/checking the image and after a time I receive the error: Invalid Image.

Tried creating a new web server certificate and downloaded the image again but the outcome was still the error.

Then I decided to try upgrading to 4.03 and that succeeded.

Again tried upgrading to 4.04 but without succes.

BTW: I'am staging the appliances so I can't register them at the moment to try automatic installation.

12 REPLIES 12

Not applicable

We got same problem, our device is PA-2020.

3.1.10 > 4.0.1 manual software upgrade OK

3.1.10 > 4.0.3 manual software upgrade OK

3.1.10 > 4.0.4 manual software upload failed with error "invalid image"

3.1.10 > 4.0.4 download image directly to the device by clicking the "Download" in Device tab, Software. OK

md5 checked for PanOS_2000-4.0.4.

Switch and redownload for image from another PC, failed with same error. I am sure 4.0.1 image is downloaded to the device before uploading the 4.0.4 image.

License downloaded, contents updated to 263-110 and AV updated to 5559-735 .

Hi Linus,

Would you open a case for that and copy me?

Thanks.

We won't open a support case now as PAN-OS 4.0.5 just released. We will repeat the test with 4.0.5 image again.

Last update: We can update software manually from 3.1.10 to 4.0.5 with 4.0.5 image now.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!