Map any TACACS+ user to local account

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Map any TACACS+ user to local account

L0 Member

Anyone aware of how to map TACACS+ accounts to a single local account? For instance, I have my ACS server using AD for its user database. I created a policy in ACS to allow access to the PA if they are in a certain group. When I want to give someone access to the PA, I need to add them to AD and then create an account with the Auth-profile on the PA as well. I would just like to add the user to the group in AD and not have to manage users on the PA. 

Is this a possibility? On all my other devices, I can map ACS users to a local user and not have to actually add each invidual account to the device. 

I am probably just missing something and could use some help. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

I don't know about TACACS+ but I've had no issues accomplishing this with RADIUS using either Cisco ACS or Cisco ISE on the back end.

it returns PaloAlto-Panorama-Admin-Role attribute which then maps to a defined admin role.

L4 Transporter

Hi ddaloia,

Thanks for posting in the Community forums!

Pre-8.0, TACACS was used for Authentication (no authorization) while RADIUS could do both.

Starting with 8.0, you can use TACACS for Authorization as well (just like RADIUS). That means, you can just create an account on the AD and make them part of the particular AD group. Rest everything should be managed by the ACS and PA FW.

Hope that helped 🙂

Regards,

Anurag

================================================================
ACE 7.0, 8.0, PCNSE 7

Thanks ansharma. Would you be able to point in the the direction of the documenation on setting this up with 8.0?

I don't think there is doc out for it yet. It's on my to-do list for this weekend (unless someone else beats me to it!).
Check back next week 🙂

Regards,
Anurag
ACE 7.0, 8.0, PCNSE 7

@ddaloia wrote:

Thanks ansharma. Would you be able to point in the the direction of the documenation on setting this up with 8.0?

Hope this helps - https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/Palo-Alto-Management-Access-through-TACA...

Regards,

Anurag

ACE 7.0, 8.0, PCNSE 7
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!