Mapping all the rules, interfaces etc..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Mapping all the rules, interfaces etc..

L0 Member

Is there any way to export or view all the currently configured Rules, interfaces, tunnels etc.. outside of the Palo Alto Admin webpage?

What I want to do is be able to get these in some sort of spreadsheet or database so that I can refer back to it without having to log onto the web interface all the time, not to mention it would be a lot faster if I didn't have to go through the PAN interface every time.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi There,

This and variations of the X-Path may help:

You can browse the API in PAN-OS 4.1 by changing the text in the WebUI after the 1st '/' (forward slash) to 'api'.  E.g. https://192.168.1.1/api.  You will need to login first.

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

I had seen that second thread but not the first.

So the short answer is there is no feature to do this really, apart from pulling the info manually from the CLI, which when you have a lot of Rules and URL filters can be quite a chore.

Anyway, I have mailed Staffan to see if his utility might help.

Thanks

Hi There,

This and variations of the X-Path may help:

You can browse the API in PAN-OS 4.1 by changing the text in the WebUI after the 1st '/' (forward slash) to 'api'.  E.g. https://192.168.1.1/api.  You will need to login first.

Thanks

James

Ah ha. Thats the one. Thanks, I managed to export the rules doing it that way.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!