may I configured auto cost reference bandwidth on palo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

may I configured auto cost reference bandwidth on palo

L4 Transporter

Hello

I would like to know if a setting like auto cost reference bandwith for ospf exist on the palo alto. as you can found in cisco.

if yes how could I implemented it

thank's

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

I'm not familiar with the Cisco implementation.  But I think you are referring to configuration of administrative distance to create preferences for links.  You can verify how these are seen by the Palo Alto with the commands in this tech note.

Verifying Equal Cost Paths in OSPF

General OSPF setup instructions

How to Configure OSPF

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L4 Transporter

Gregoux

auto cost reference is used in Cisco to manage the cost of ospf links, as you know Cisco has default cost value for each interface based on its speed (1000/100/10) or if it is 10/100 Gig, this option is not available in PAN, in PAN whenever you add an interface to OSPF area, the default metric is set to 10.

Hopefully that helped

Amjad

L1 Bithead

You can not configure reference BW as Cisco, but you can configure interface "metric" 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!