Migrating Panorama license from VM to another

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrating Panorama license from VM to another

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I need to take the uuid and cpuid from Panorama, but when i run "show system info" its not appears these paramethers. How can i get these uuid and cpuid to transfer the license?????? My PanOs version is 5.1.0

hostname: Panorama
ip-address: 192.168.22.191
netmask: 255.255.255.0
default-gateway: 192.168.22.10
ipv6-address:
ipv6-link-local-address: unknown
ipv6-default-gateway:
mac-address: 00:1c:21:0c:22:33
time: Wed May 11 00:33:07 2016
uptime: 0 days, 0:28:08
family: pc
model: Panorama
serial: unknown
sw-version: 5.1.0
app-version: 320-1459
app-release-date: unknown
av-version: 0
av-release-date: unknown
threat-version: 320-1459
threat-release-date: unknown
logdb-version: 5.0.2
platform-family: pc
logger_mode: False

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Hi...Panorama VM license is managed by its serial number and there's no need for UUID and CPUID.  I notice the serial number is unknown in the info provided so this Panorama cannot download its license, contents, updates, etc.  You need to obtain the license for this Panorama which consists of the serial number that you can enter into the config of Panorama.

I think you are wron, i have a case open with PA, and they told me about taking the UUID and CPUID to transfer the license from a VM to another VM.

This link explains it...

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/pan/en_US/assets/pdf/education/VM%20Quick%20Reference.p...

That document is describing the license for the VM firewall which will require UUID and CPUID.  For Panorama VM, the management system, the license is administered via its serial number.  

Yes,, but Serial number is unknown. Palo Alto needs UUID and CPUID to tranfer the license from old VM to the new VM. When PA does that i think ill see a serial number

I just want to confirm that we are talking about Panorama (not the PA firewall) running on VM platform.  Panorama will need a serial number and the serial number is provided in the email of the order.  If you purchased Panorama & registered it, then the S/N can be obtained via your support portal under Assets.

See reference in the manual 'For the Panorama virtual appliance, the serial number was included in the order fulfillment email.' :

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/panorama/panorama_adminguide/set-up-panorama/insta...

Once you have the S/N, you enter the S/N into Panorama under General Settings:

Pano-SN.png

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!