Monitor traffic - filtering issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Monitor traffic - filtering issue

L2 Linker

Hi all,

we have noticed inconsistency in PAN OS 5.0.8 and 5.0.9, compared to 4.1.9, related to monitor traffic filter. In older version message box pops-up in case filter is not properly defined (i.e. if there is syntax error), which is fine and helpful. In mentioned 5.0.8 and 5.0.9 nothing pops-up in case of erroneous filter, only white area is shown like in case of empty result set. We are wondering if this is a bug or a feature?

Tnx

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Do you see a red line, on the box as shown below? If you click on this red line, you can see the reason for the error.

wrong.JPG.jpg

BR,

Karthik

Thanks for the answer. Actually, our problem is based on writing query manually, not adding query by this tool.

I attached both pictures showing results for both versions. As you can see, in mentioned 5.0.x versions there is no pop-up window when mistyping occurred.

4.1.9:

4.png

5.0.x:

5.png

Strange thing is that I can see red underline no matter whether filter is syntactically correct or not.

I'd say that is a bug. The red underline is just your browser highlighting the words it doesn't recognize (oddly, Ruel is a word but only with caps, it's the surname of people and the name of a couple towns). If the entire field has a single red underline you can hover over it to get more information as Karthik mentioned.

I tested this out on my firewall running 5.0.10 and I also don't get a pop-up warning that it's wrong. I don't recall any setting or feature update, so I'd encourage you to open a support ticket if you have a contract so this can be provided to the developers.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Thank you for your prompt response, it is very much appreciated. I will open a support ticket.

Best regards,

Vesna

that red underline is just language check, when I disable that feature from browser it disappears.

also it seems feature is different from 4.1

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!