Native RADIUS accounting, a welcome feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Native RADIUS accounting, a welcome feature

This week i was asked to configure radius accounting as a source for user-ip mapping. I was very surprised to see that this is not nativly supported. In lots of ways it is the one of the nicer ways to be able to get user-ip mappings. And as other vendors do have this implemented i assumed PA would surly have it as well...

Even though there are ways around this i feel this is a serious shortcoming.

I have seen more people strugling with this and i would love to see other people confirming my post and who also would like to see this feature implemented.

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

It's not Native, but there is a way to use RADIUS accounting logs for UserID:

- https://packetpushers.net/radiuid/

Thanx for the reply jvalentine. Yes i found that article too. And i also know you can do it with intermediate kiwi syslog box. I can also implement it myself (make it more like a deployable appliance). I know there are lots of ways of getting it to work with an extra server in the middle, but you would need two extra boxes for redundancy, which need extra attention and it seems so unnecessary considdering the amount of code it would need on the box.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!