Need a way to move big number of selected policies to the desired location

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need a way to move big number of selected policies to the desired location

L0 Member

Dears,

As a cleanup to our policies in the firewall, I added a tag "Zero hit" to the policies that never trigger a hit. I have a huge number and I would like to move them all to the bottom.

I tried to find a way to move them to the location I want and found it not available.

My question:

1- Is there a way to (not manually) select a big number of policies and move them to the desired location? i.e. something like "select all" given that I already filtered them with the zero hit.

Note: Even f you plan to spend long time in selecting them manually, after trying to move them to the bottom ==> the MOVE button will be dimmed out (i.e. as it looks to not support moving big number of policies.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @Deepmindx ,

What numbers are you talking about ?

I've tested it just now and I am able to move multiple rules just fine (filtered or not).

There's no select all feature afaik but using the shift key I can easily select a large number of rules.

Note: I haven't tested moving thousands or even hundreds of rules at the same time but I managed to move 55 rules just fine to the bottom of my security policy.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L4 Transporter

Not sure if it would help in this case but there's also a CLI command to move rules. If you have a list of the zero hit rules exported to csv, you could pretty easily get the correct format and paste them in.

move rulebase security rules XXXX bottom

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!