Need suggestion for 2 x internet data line network design

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need suggestion for 2 x internet data line network design

L3 Networker

The office has 2 internet data line. Each of them has a fix public IP address. Device is a PA-820.

I want to separate the utilization of the data line as below.

1. Office area/staff primary use 1st data line. If this line down then auto change to use 2nd data line. When 1st data line resume. Auto change back.

2. Guest area always use 2nd data line.

What configuration can achieve this goal?

5 REPLIES 5

L0 Member

Assuming the Office area/Staff and the Guest are on differnet zones you should be able to use PBF rules.

PBF is not dependant on the ZONEs could be IP/SUBNET/USER....

Rob

Hello,

I successful achieve this by using PBF and set different Metric number for the 2 interfaces in default route.

But found a problem. The 2nd interface (with higher metric number) cannot ping or being ping from outside. I think asymmetric ping was happen and look like it was caused by PBF.

Have you enabled PING in the interface management profile?

Rob

Ping was enabled.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!