Need to block WINSCP application but want to allow ssh

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Need to block WINSCP application but want to allow ssh

L3 Networker

Hi Team

In sec policy I have allowed for some users only RDP and SSH application. But these users are able to use WINSCP application because WINSCP application also using port 22. I want to block winscp application but allow ssh application. How can we achieve this ?

Please help us.

Regards

Mohammed Asik

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

If you see it as an application in your traffic monitoring, then you should be able to create a rule, specifically blocking that application before your allow rule. I had to do the same thing with Webdav and Sharepoint in a recent implementation. If the traffic is only showing up as SSL traffic, then I do not think you can specifically block a program/application. Also, since it is SSL type traffic, you will need to do SSL decryption for that traffic before it would be identified as an application other than SSL.

Not to go too far on this response, but if it is not a standard application and you are doing SSL decryption, you may be able to create your own custom application that is specific to that WINSCP traffic and block the traffic as described above. Sorry, I do not know much about WINSCP.

Bruce.

Learn at least one new thing every day.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!