Network Interface Setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Network Interface Setup

L2 Linker

I have a rather unique issue in that one of our internal networks is still on a public set of ips.  I can't switch it over at the present time, but I am having a problem figuring out how to get the PAN to work for me on this network.

My current setup is as follows:

Router off campus -> Sonicwall (same public ip on wan and lan and this ip is used as our gateway address for local machines) -> PAN (vwire to vwire) -> Internal network.

I want to get rid of the Sonicwall, but can't figure out how to setup the PAN to use the same public ip # on both ports. 

Let's pretend like the network range I want to use is 176.5.139.1 - 176.5.139.254.  I want the PAN to be 176.5.139.2 on both ports.  Because I have to put in subnet ranges when I setup the L3 interfaces on the PAN I'm not sure how this would work.

Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

What you would do is configure the PAN with the same addressing as the Sonicwall. At cutover time you would move the cables from the Sonicwall to The APN and clearthe cache of the upline devices.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!