New to Palo Alto device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

New to Palo Alto device

L0 Member

I am a new technology coordinator in a school that has a Palo Alto device. I am new to these devices. The support contract (right term?) was up in 2014, and I would like to figure out how to get firmware (Pan-OS?) updates on the device. It is a PA-200. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched Google and found lots of dead ends. Thanks all.

----------
Perry Lund
Evergreen Lutheran HS Tech
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Firmware requires an active support contract.  You download from the "Get Support" link in the upper right.

You can contact a large reseller like CDW or any Palo Alto Partner if one stiill works with your school, with your serial number and get a quote to put support back on the device and get any subscriptions for web filtering, threats and the like.

You create an account on the support portal using your email address domain from the school.  You can then associate your serial numbers to this account.  There is probably old or dead accounts as the current owner for the device.  Support can help you get these associated to you as the new domain contact and give you control over the account.

When you order from the partner comes through you will get a code to activate the support for your device.  Once activated the download links for firmware will be available.  And you will be able to update the licenses on the PA device to activate the purchased features.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Firmware requires an active support contract.  You download from the "Get Support" link in the upper right.

You can contact a large reseller like CDW or any Palo Alto Partner if one stiill works with your school, with your serial number and get a quote to put support back on the device and get any subscriptions for web filtering, threats and the like.

You create an account on the support portal using your email address domain from the school.  You can then associate your serial numbers to this account.  There is probably old or dead accounts as the current owner for the device.  Support can help you get these associated to you as the new domain contact and give you control over the account.

When you order from the partner comes through you will get a code to activate the support for your device.  Once activated the download links for firmware will be available.  And you will be able to update the licenses on the PA device to activate the purchased features.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thank you.

I have contacted CDW-G to request a quote for a 1-year contract. I am primarily interested in the OS upgrades to see if this will solve a network issue that reoccurs.

Perry

----------
Perry Lund
Evergreen Lutheran HS Tech
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!