No devices in deploy content window

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No devices in deploy content window

L1 Bithead

I am having a problem trying to push Apps&Threats or AV from the panorama to the firewalls. We have a Panorama M100 at 8.0.5 (recently upgraded from 6.1.10) with 5020 FW's at same release. We are NOT able to do the reachback to Palo Alto servers since we are a segregated testing network. When i go through the process to push the Apps&Threats or the AV updates there are no devices listed in the Devices section (no filters applied). I can go to Managed Devices and see the FW's connected and in sync. I have tried both paths to push the updates. 

I can modify the device templates and have them committed and pushed to the fw's. I can update the FW's manually. 

Is the reachback now a requirement for the deployment? 

Is this a known Issue, i tried searching for it but don't get anything.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

The issue as it turns out is the offline status of the panorama and firewalls. Since these systems do not have reachback capability the Mandatory license check fails. The support engineer said it was a Known issue. The manual update on each firewall works so i have a path to keep the systems updated but definitely not happy that Palo Also doesn't have a process of offline license updates/checks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Did you maybe download the apps and threats update and now you're trying to install this update on a firewall without threat prevention license?

I can manually update the FW's with the same package. I grab the Apps only package for the Panorama and the Apps&Threats for the firewalls that have support. It is looking like the support license is not on the Panorama. Without the Support license (or reachback) the panorama can't do deployments.)

Thanks though.

L1 Bithead

The issue as it turns out is the offline status of the panorama and firewalls. Since these systems do not have reachback capability the Mandatory license check fails. The support engineer said it was a Known issue. The manual update on each firewall works so i have a path to keep the systems updated but definitely not happy that Palo Also doesn't have a process of offline license updates/checks.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!