Not able to see the interface IP addresses using SNMP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not able to see the interface IP addresses using SNMP.

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I executed the command in SNMP to get MIB, but it is showing only interfaces not showing related IP addresses. what might be the problem ? Kindly help me.

Regards,

Gururaj.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Not applicable

Palo Alto Networks has not implemented the IP-MIB which is where you would find information relating to IP. The solution is to submit a feature request to your local sales rep.

snmpwalk -v2c -c ****** 192.168.1.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.34

IP-MIB::ipAddressTable = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

R

/Sturla

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Not applicable

Palo Alto Networks has not implemented the IP-MIB which is where you would find information relating to IP. The solution is to submit a feature request to your local sales rep.

snmpwalk -v2c -c ****** 192.168.1.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.34

IP-MIB::ipAddressTable = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

R

/Sturla

2 1/2 years later, still no IP-MIB ?

No one else see this as a problem with snmp-based tools ?

Topology maps in CA Spectrum, Solarwinds etc. doesn't work. Neither does other SNMP discovery tools (as Infoblox IPAM.)

Shouldn't be to hard to fix. Anyone else care to flag feature request as  relevant ?

L2 Linker

As there currently is no solution at the SNMP level, your options are:

1. Use the API (https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/paloaltonetworks-com/en_US/assets/pdf/technical-documen...)

2. Automate it via SSH (not recommended vs API for this specific use case).

3. Take a look at indeni. It covers this and a lot more, specifically for PANW firewalls.

DISCLAIMER: I work at indeni.

VP of R&D at indeni

Hey,

Is it still not possible to poll IPs using SNMP?

Thanks

JB

Community Team Member

Hi,

IP-MIB is not available.  The related feature request (FR 1696) is still open.  

Please reach out to your local SE and he can add your vote to this request to add more weight to it.

Cheers !

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Kim,

Do you know why PA isn't letting us upvote feature requests ourselves. I understand that it's on an internal database becasue it's supposed to be tied in with there security issues but why don't they seperate that out and make it public so that we don't have to bug our SEs just because I want to 'upvote' a feature request? 

L2 Linker

>IP-MIB is not available.  The related feature request (FR 1696) is still open.  

>Please reach out to your local SE and he can add your vote to this request to add more weight to it.

Are there really no other customers that find this an issue ?
Please, if more customers actually do, register with your local SE

It's 2020 (8 years later).

Still not implemented...

L1 Bithead

Hi

Now is (9 years later) and Palo Alto not provide a solution for this SNMP feature make totally not sense

Still waiting for solution ....

L1 Bithead

Today at 08/03/2022 still waiting a solution from PaloAlto, i just escalate to the TAM and they submit a Feature Request, this make no sense, how long should i wait?

L0 Member

Pretty disappointing that our firewalls don't support this. Even our cheaper L3 switches support this.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!