Not synched

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not synched

L4 Transporter

My HA pair don't show synched and when I do a manual synched it say it completed successfully but the GUI show otherwise

HA.PNG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@ErnieLouie

TAC was able to help me and we ended up doing  a commit force on both firewall and then a synch through the command line on the active firewall

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jdprovine,

Have you actually verified in the CLI by looking at the job id that it didn't actually error out on something? That would be the first thing I look at. If that's showing fine I would make a nominal change to the firewall, like a "test" object with the address 9.9.9.9, manually sync the config and then export the running-config off the passive firewall and see if "test" is present or not. 

@BPry

Yup I did check the CLI and it never shows an error, in fact it shows that it is successful. But it also says that the configs are not in synch. TAC was able to help me and we ended up doing  a commit force on both firewall and then a synch through the command line on the active firewall.  To me it seems like an issue with something that is different but not tracked in the regular logs, maybe a URL block list from the internet? It commits but never shows up in the configuration logs only the system logs

You may want to see if you have the "Enable Config Sync" option enabled (check-marked).  This is in the "Device > High Availability > General" tabs.

@ErnieLouie

Yes it enabled

@jdprovine  - the other thought... which you may have already looked at, but you may want to verify:

In an HA pair, both peers must be of the same model, must be running the same PAN-OS and Content Release version, and must have the same set of licenses.

@ErnieLouie

TAC was able to help me and we ended up doing  a commit force on both firewall and then a synch through the command line on the active firewall

Would definitely be helpful if you posted the solution on how TAC helped.

@Mike.ship

They did a commit force on the Primary firewall followed by a commit force on the secondary firwall

Much appreciated!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!