Office 365 access advice

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Office 365 access advice

L3 Networker

We are moving to Office 365 Exchange Online and may use some other Office 365 services in the near future such as SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business.

I found the FAQ "Office 365 Access Control" and have configured the requisite custom application and a security policy rule; however, since we haven't fully rolled out TLS decryption yet, I'm decrypting on a service-by-service basis as required.  This means I need to create a custom URL category object as well that represents the relevant URLs.

I have looked at Microsoft's list of Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges document.  It's a beast, with information about both the URLs as well as the target IP address ranges, protocols, and port numbers.

Does anyone know of a guide anywhere that would help me get started, such as how many rules for this I will need to configure?  Or is it more common for everyone to just put all the URLs in one big custom URL category and just let people access it at any destination IP address/range?

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Someone metioned MineMeld and O365..https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/MineMeld-Articles/How-to-Safely-Enable-access-to-Office-365-usi...

I dont use it but worth a look? 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@scottsander,

MineMeld is what you'll want to confiugure here so that you can use the included miner to put the IPs and URLs into a EDL. 

I don't have MineMeld, but I'll look into setting it up.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!