OSPF Resets

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OSPF Resets

L2 Linker

While doing some testing on a PA pair at a new site, I noticed that at least one type of configuration change would apparently cause OSPF to reset and lose all of the routes out of the site. Specifically, I was enabling and disabling IPv6 on interfaces. When I would commit the change, the site would drop communications for thirty seconds or so until the OSPF neighbors started talking again. (At least that's what it looked like was causing it.)

I've tried other policy and routing changes (remove and add IPv4 addresses from an interface, create and destroy L3 sub-interfaces, add and remove static routes), and none of those have seemed to cause OSPF to reset.

Once this site is up and running in production, a thirty second blip would be a big deal. Does anyone know for sure what kinds of configuration changes are safe and not safe to make with respect to interrupting the dynamic routing protocols? (Can anyone else confirm enabling and disabling IPv6 causes disruption? Or is it just me?)

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hey if you think its a bug, please open a case with support so that we can confirm the behaviour and follow up with engineering.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!