PA-2020 in HA commit are just a nightmare

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-2020 in HA commit are just a nightmare

L0 Member

Dear Community,

Is there a official way to improve the commit on those models ?

It could take more than 15 minutes sometime, it really hard to work with those appliance.

the upgrade for 3030 appliance is insane too, about 40 000 € with 3 years support.

To improve the commit cmd, I have to use CLI to restart the management plane with the following commands

>debug software restart device-server

> debug software restart management-server

Do you have any tips ? 

thx for your help

Arnaud

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

The PA 2000 series are nightmare. I'm so lucky to get rid of it.

Get in contact with PAN. May they can offer a financial solution...

I know PAN is also tired to support these appliances...

pa2000-commit.png

L6 Presenter

I feel for you, man. Luckily all our customers got rid of PA-2020 by now.

L3 Networker

What version of PAN-OS are you running? I have seen a significant improvement in the 2k commit times running 7.0.2. 

Software Version 6.1.4
GlobalProtect Agent 2.2.1

I'm afraid to upgrade 

How is the commit time with the last pan OS on  2020 ?

That's the question ...

someone in another thread he felt better performances with PANOS7

Note that you can also disable predefined reports to save memory (which is the main issue).

It varies based on how busy your MP is. But in the example I observed, commit times dropped from 15-20 minutes down to 5-6 minutes. Still not as great as a 3k, but might at least be manageable. Your performance should not decrease though.

how do you do disable predefined reports?

you need to use Live search function the answer kicks in first link:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=disable+predefine...

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!