PA 2050 Port forwarding question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 2050 Port forwarding question

Not applicable

I'm new to the PA 2050.

I'm trying to determine the best way of forwarding multiple incoming services on multiple external addresses to multiple internal servers. My PA 2050 is set up in L3 configuration. I have NAT policy rules for all my external->internal address pairs.

My delimma: I have several internal SMTP/FTP/WEB servers behind my 2050, listening on several external addresses. It appears I can NAT each service as a separate NAT policy rule, OR, I can leave the 1 to 1 NAT rule and create a security policy for incoming traffic from "untrust" -> "trust", "any" source address, and select the destination server and application/service to forward the traffic on to. Or can I? Is one more efficient and/or flexible than the other?

Thanks,

David Scott

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Yes, both are viable solutions. It would be more efficient to have the single NAT rule and configure the app/service int the Security rule.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!