PA-220 Configure E1/2-5 as basic Switch Ports?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 Configure E1/2-5 as basic Switch Ports?

L2 Linker

Hello.

This may be a much simpler task that it seems.

What I am trying to accomplish - in a SonicWALL device - is called Portshields.

The management port is currently configured on my trusted LAN.

How do I assign ports to be basic L2 ports on the same trusted lan.

The desrired deployment scenario would be such:

Management port on Trusted LAN, Trusted ZONE, Static Assigned IP.  Gateway would later be assigned by the E1/1 ISP DHCP.

E1/1 - Internet WAN (ISP MODEM).  Untrusted ZONE.  DHCP IP Assigned.

e1/2 > E1/8 ports as L2.  No special VLAN or Zone configurations. I want them to act as L2 switch ports - Management port should be on the same vlan, zone, ect - Flat with the E1/2>8 ports.

I have another device on teh trusted lan providing dhcp so the PA-220 won't need to provide dhcp.

I may adapt a few of these to other zone, vlan, subnet, etc. down the road.

Is there a KB, reddit, or other link on how I might accomplish this?

Thank s in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@catrock,

Are you hoping that they all have the same subnet or does that not matter? 

Hello BPry.  

Yes, E1/2 > x1/8 and Mgmt Port same LAN subnet.. 

@catrock,

This has been asked a few times and to the best of my knowledge the answer is no. The PA is only capable of providing routed interfaces and won't include this functunality at this time. I know that there was/is a Feature Request to get this functinality built into the platform; I would reach out to your SE and add your vote to that. 

@catrock   @BPryIt is possible, i do it on a pa220 in a very small office.

Here is a concept training where  is covered how you can use layer 2 interfaces to create  a "switch" .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui912FZb0Dc

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!