PA-220 Size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-220 Size

L1 Bithead

dear all,

in my environment, we have 100 computers and 8 servers, one internet connection, maximum 10 or 15 users need VPN and we planning To buy PA-220 .

question: Does this device meets our needs? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@YOOG887,

PAN actually has a LOCATOR website that will help you find partners in your area that will be able to assist you in actually sizing things properly. They'll work in conjunction with your regions sales team to actually put in you touch with a sales engineer and get you rolling on your first purchase. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@YOOG887 

It all depends on what features you enable on the PA for example how many zones, virtual routers etc?

What is your traffic throughput, ssl decryption enable or not?

How many users connected at same time?

What those servers are used for?

Are they public facing?

Please look at below document 

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/apps/pan/public/downloadResource?pagePath=/content/pan/en_US/resour...

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

thanks for your replay 

how many zones, virtual routers? 

maximum 3 for each one 

How many users connected at the same time?

around 100 users 

What those servers are used for?

the only local server domain controller, file server, backup server,  intevarous server and DHCP, and all those servers not published 

Hello,

Always size your Palo Alto's by throughput, e.g. internet speed. I always look at the smallest number and use it as my default. For your setup, I would say no, the PA220 is too small for your environment. Check out the PA-0820 or 850.

Hope that helps. 

@YOOG887,

Agree with @OtakarKlier, the PA-220 is likely too small to be used in your environment. I'd recommend reaching out to a VAR if this is your first PAN appliance and having them help you size this install correctly. The biggest factors that you need to take into account is the throughput as mentioned, but also the session per second count. While 95% of the time you can go solely off of throughput, there are instances where the number of sessions you are generating can cause issues if you size things incorrectly. 

that dear for your replay 

kindly can u tell me how can I contact with VAR? 

thanks dear 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@YOOG887,

PAN actually has a LOCATOR website that will help you find partners in your area that will be able to assist you in actually sizing things properly. They'll work in conjunction with your regions sales team to actually put in you touch with a sales engineer and get you rolling on your first purchase. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!