PA-500 Boot Time being slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-500 Boot Time being slow

L2 Linker

I have (3) PA-500's, and the one thing I have noticed on all of them, is that it takes up to 10 min. to boot.  It takes 15 min or longer if there is a new release being installed.  What does the PA use for storage, and why does it take so long in this age of SSD and fast boot times?  

Under the hood, it looks like it's running a customized version of Red Hat Linux, and being someone who has several RHEL servers that boot up in about 10 seconds, I'm wondering where the bottleneck is.  Committing changes also takes a long time.

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

How much RAM does PA 500 have? By default it is 1Gb and it can be increased upto 2Gb. Less RAM is the cause of slow boot and content install.

I also have a PA 500 and even with 2 GB of ram it can take 20-30 minutes to boot up after a software update and at least 10 from just a normal restart.

Hello,

Clearing the logs for time to time help to speed up the boot process...

Regards,

HA 

Hi all

1g or 2g of RAM, it's not magic. PA500 hardware is now quite old (from 2008 ?).

But just keep in mind it always run the last PA version 7.0.4 what is not so bad :-). More graphs, more feature, more ... it cost in boot time ..

Of course a new platforme is more than welcome, agree with you.

V.

I have the 2GB version.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!