PA-500 front panel status LED is not on

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-500 front panel status LED is not on

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I'm now having issue with PA 500 where the front panel of the unit "Status" LED is not ON. I'd change a 2GB RAM for my client and when I try to boot up. The status light is not on and I can't make any configuration as there will be error "A communication error happened during configuration commit to dataplane, please try again." in GUI mode when I try to commit. Is there anyone here have any advice on this? Thanks

Regards

Isaac Andrew Liew

15 REPLIES 15

L3 Networker

Hello Isaac

Could you please restart the Dataplane communication process from the CLI and test?

Below is the command

PA-500> debug software restart pan-comm

Regards

Khan

Hi Khan,

I restarted the Dataplane but it shows "No running masterd detected."

Thanks for replying

Regards

Isaac

Hi,

have you changed the ram yet ?

Hi,

Yes. I have changed the RAM. I replaced it with 2gb.

But I think you changed wrong side RAM, you probably changed Dataplane Ram, you should change Management plane Ram

Could you please check that again ?

Hello Isaac

I would go with Panos's suggestion.

if this does not work, I would suggest that you contact support. They will be able to look into techsupport file and suggest next steps

I suspect that the device is not able to  initialize the Dataplane start up script.

Regards

Khan

Hello Isaac,

Is there any core file available on this firewall. You may try to apply CLI command: > show system files

Thanks

admin@PA500> show system files

/var/cores/:

total 4.0K

drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4.0K Nov 24 12:21 crashinfo

/var/cores/crashinfo:

total 0

Above is the result when i typed show system files

thanks

Regards

Isaac

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

Panos, when you say change the RAM from dataplane to management plane. Do you mean by changing the slot of the RAM?

Regards

Isaac

YES that was what I mean

This link is better has comments

PA-500 Management Memory Upgrade Procedure

Hi Panos,

Thanks for the advice. But I'd change the RAM to the correct slot and yet the problem persisted.

Regards

Isaac

you should open a ticket for that then.

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!