I`d like to start a discussion what we can do to improve the bad mgmtplane-performance (gui, commit times etc.) on the older platforms PA-500 and PA-20xx because there are still several customers out there with these devices and for the PA-500 there is still no new plattform (something like PA-1000) availble.
- RAM Upgrade: well discussed in other forum-threads, availabe and helpful for PA-500 ( but not supported for PA-20xx, anyone tried?)
- SSD - not supported for both platforms (anyone have experiences?)
- Reduce the log-quotas: release mgmtsrv because of less index-calculations? (especially if panorama is used for log-forwarding)
- Redcuing the overall log-rate (monitoring traffic etc.): release mgmtsrv/logrcv at all
- disable builtin reports (available with 6.0) - ??
- log-forwarding syslog-servers and or Panorama affects the mgmtsrv-performance?
Any other ideas?
RAM Upgrade: well discussed in other forum-threads, availabe and helpful for PA-500 ( but not supported for PA-20xx, anyone tried?)
I tried that with a 2050,I know it is not official but nothing changed.Just looked for the commit time.It was the same.
I'd be interested in how much difference the memory upgrade makes on the PA-500 as the Web GUI is absolutely appalling quite honestly.
If the upgrade cost a reasonable amount I would just buy it, but @ $500 I want to be sure it will actually help.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!