PA 5000 series users

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 5000 series users

L0 Member

Is anyone else running this new hardware platform besides my company?  We are running into a huge amount of issues and I would like to know if it's just us or not.

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Could you pls elaborate on the issues ? We need to determine if it hardware releated or software issues.

L1 Bithead

I know this is a little old, but we are having the same issues with 5060s running 4.0.5. Intermittent application drops, routing issues where routes expire and flip to another device and packet filters that don't filter to name a few. I have two open tickets and had to remove the pair from production.

Are you still having the same issues with the 50xx platform?

I have been playing around with 5000 series devices for the past few days and wonder if the stuff reported by the topic creator is still valid or if this have been resolved in latest 4.1.x (is it 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 right now?).

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Here is a list of known issues and proposed resolution releases.

When the critical issue lists the 5050 as the affected platform does that mean the code on 5060 does not share the issue? Or is it just that it hasn't been identified on the 5060 yet? Thanks.

L2 Linker

We've purchased 6 5060's earlier this year and have already performed 3 RMA's.

3 RMAs on 5060's?  Would you share on some of the problems you were experiencing?

I have had no issues with hardware and am running 4.0.8 now. This code rev has been very stable to date.

We've had three devices go completely unresponsive; no network or console response.  With no other option than a power cycle, sometimes the boxes would enter a strange boot state, like sitting at a bootloader prompt.  Other times, they would boot normally.  When we'd open a case about this, Support would request that we RMA the devices.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!