PA-5020 4.1.5 issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-5020 4.1.5 issue

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Anyone else experienced any issues when upgrading to version 4.1.5?

We have done one upgrade to 4.1.5 and the PA-5020 just goes into a reboot cycle.

After doing the initial commit the firewall reboots and the cycle repeats.

Doing a factory reset from maintenance did not help.

But we tried one more thing.

Since this PA-5020 does have an redundant disk we tried to remove one of the disks.

Removing the first disk did not help.

So we tried the same with the second disk and the PA-5020 booted fine and commited normally. With the first disk removed.

Could it be an issue with the raid?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
7 REPLIES 7

L1 Bithead

Hi Jo:

I have a pair of 5020 (single ssd in my case) and was almost ready for the update till i saw your post. Hope PA Staff gives you a quick response. By the way i will wait till that before updating.

Best regards

L2 Linker

I have updated PA-500 to 4.1.5 yesterday, no reboot cycles..

This morning could not connect to web management for several minutes. Error message:

Connecting to Management Server failed.

Haven't noticed any other problems so far..

Yes, I have upgraded a PA-500 to version 4.1.5 without any problems myself.

But I still fear that 4.1.5 did something on the PA-5020 that we upgraded.

It was working fine and running 4.1.4 before the upgrade.

/Jo Christian

Is it possible for you to try to redeploy the 4.1.5 installation to see if this might fix your problems?

I think another case involving 4.1.x was solved (as workaround) to install the same version twice (but with my goldfish memory I forgot which case).

Not applicable

I upgraded two PAN-5020's and two 5060's last night from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 and are not experiencing any reboot issues. No redundant disk however.

OK, thanks.

Probably a disk failure then.

Did these 5020&5060's have two ssd disks?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian

JoChristian,

I would suggest you open a case.  This sounds like you are experiencing something that should be looked into by support.  Thank you,

~Jamie

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!