PA 5050 HA Failover Premeption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 5050 HA Failover Premeption

L1 Bithead

I have configure Active/Passive HA between two PA 5050 Firewalls. One is at high(passive) Priority and another is low(Active). I have also configure Preemtion on Active Firewall, meaning if somehow Active PA fail ,the Passive become active ,but when the active comes up again it should come up as active again i.e , it should take the ownership again by becoming active. But this is not happening , the Passive which is becoming active when the failover occure remains active even though Active firewall is coming up again.

Please suggest what configuration need to be done for my requrement to work. How premeption is working in Palo Alto?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Verify that HA1 and HA2 is fully operational, also verify the following:

"

Preemptive—Enable the higher priority firewall to resume active operation after recovering from a failure. If this setting is off, then the lower priority firewall remains active even after the higher priority firewall recovers from a failure.

"

"

The firewall that is assigned the lower device priority value is the higher priority device and becomes the active firewall in an HA pair when preemption is enabled on both firewalls in the pair.

The Preemption option must be enabled on both devices for the higher priority firewall to resume active operation upon recovery following a failure.

"

Thanks to you Mikand. Its working.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!