PA 5050 Upgrade to 4.1.X

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA 5050 Upgrade to 4.1.X

L1 Bithead

Today I upgraded my PA 5050 to 4.1.0 and it was sucessfull. But when I tried to upgade from 4.1.0 to 4.1.3.or 4.1.4 i got an error message that the file will not upload as the file is invalid.

Any idea why it is giving such error.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

L3 Networker

Hi

There could be a fill reason why this happen, so I would recommend that you please open a case with support so we can assist with this.

Unsually the procedure we provide the customer is to only download 4.10 and DO NOT install the PANos.

Then you can download 4.1.4 and install it.

Thanks

Al

I am having the same problem.

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Was this a manual file upload or a download from the update server?  What browser were you using?  There is a known bug with Firefox and manual upgrades.  If you use a different browser, this should work with 4.1.3 and above.  There is a work around as well which is to use the CLI.  I hope this helps.

It was a manual file upload, browser is IE8. Got a snippet for the CLI

process? I'll need both the upload and install command I guess.

Palo Alto Networks Guru

CLI guide: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2032

Here is a quick run through:

Download the image.

SCP the image: scp import software from username@host:/Users/username/Desktop/PanOS_200-4.1.4.tgz

List the image: debug swm list

Install the image: debug swm install image-name

Reboot: request restart system

These are quick notes, I am sorry that I did not have time to double check this, but this should get you going.  Thank you

I'll have to figure out how to get the file available to my management

port, but it looks like your commands are good.

A dirty temporary workaround (just to upload the file) would be if you add another mgmt interface on of the dataplane interfaces (and once uploaded and all that remove that mgmt interface).

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!