PA Packet Capture

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA Packet Capture

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

Is there any similar command which we can use to check how the packet flows in PA and where the packet is being dropped, which blade is dropping the traffic. To simplify my question is there any command like Packet tracer command in Cisco ASA?

Also anything like fw monitor in Checkpoint?

Regards,

Sanjay S

3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @Sanjay_Ramaiah ,

Afaik there's no equivalent of packet tracer on Palo Alto Networks.  Closest I can think of is the debug flow basic (don't forget to set your filters first): 

> debug dataplane packet-diag set log feature flow basic

There is however an existing feature request for it.  Seems like several other customers have requested it already.

I'd recommend reaching out to your local sales rep and have them add your vote to the existing FR: 3857.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Thank you Kiwi for the valuable information.

I am very new to PaloAlto's so please guide me with a link or something which could help me on how to set the filters.

Also how to undebug the debug set.

Community Team Member

Hi @Sanjay_Ramaiah ,

The following DOC describes the steps to set filters, debug levels, and aggregate logs:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PPizCAG

Similar steps are described in the following discussion on the same topic:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/commands-to-debug-traffic-between-two-host-using...

Please note that this level of debugging can be quite taxing for the device so caution is advised.

Always set the filter so you're only debugging the traffic you're interested in.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!