PA session end reason is decrypt error -

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA session end reason is decrypt error -

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

In PA i  saw this behavior for session end reason is decrypt error and traffic is working fine.
I check with users where session end reason is decrypt error they told me they have no issues.
we have ssl decryption enabled and PA is running 8.1.9
IS this by design or normal behavior?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

@MP18 I think that this means that firewall was not able to decrypt the session, for example if unsupported cypher. It is configurable, but by default the traffic will be passed normally and the users will not have any issues, it will just bypass the decryption policy. 

I have seen in some cases is that firewall is able to decrypt the traffic  it and decrypt error is due to cert.

It is very confusing when you look at traffic logs

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!