PA without license

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA without license

L0 Member

Hello.

I hope you can help me. I currently have a customer who wants to leave one of their old APs unlicensed as a VPN concentrator. My question is the following:

What functions would be active in the PA?

For GP I checked this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClG0CAK in which it says that it allows "Split tunneling based on destination domain, client process, and video streaming application". but will it be the same by IP?

The idea is to tell the client the risks of leaving the NFG that way.

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

Without a license, you ARE able to split tunnel/create access routes based off IP addresses manually. License is required for picking domains/applications. 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

If we talk about l7 inspection... this feature will be active after the support licence expire?

L5 Sessionator

App-ID will work without a license, however, with no support license you will not be able to pull dynamic updates (application signature updates) 

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!