Palo Alto as a route reflector

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto as a route reflector

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have a couple of PA-500 clusters and I want to use them as route reflectors for my internal BGP network. There doesn't seem to be anything in the documentation on how to do this but the documentation suggests the Palo will do it, I was wondering if anyone here had got it working? So far I've configured the cluster ID and set the peer devices as clients but it doesn't seem to be acting as a route reflector its just appears to be a standard BGP peering session to the clients.

Thanks,

Gareth

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

You should be able to do that by creating a redistribution profile. you can redistribute as you want just refelctor or bgp to ospf ...

let me know.

V.

Hi Vince,

I shouldn't have to use a redistribution profile if the Palo is a route reflector. It should be advertising the routes to all the clients by default, otherwise it would be pointless having it as a route reflector.

Thanks,

Gareth

Oups miss-understanding, sorry

No problem, thanks for taking a look a my question.

L5 Sessionator

Going by your description looks like the settings are correct 1. set the cluster id under advanced tab secondly under peer group set the peer as type client. So the PA is receiving the routes from its IBGP peers but not forwarding it out right. Anything unusual in less mp-log routed.log (press space to scroll down). Also if you click on More Runtime Stats--bgp--local rib---rib out under virtual routers .

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!