Palo Alto Bandwidth Throttling

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Bandwidth Throttling

L2 Linker

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding Palo Altos and bandwidth throttling. I know that the Palo Altos can do QoS to limit the bandwidth for specific applications, but can the Palo Altos just do bandwidth throttling with different networks? Say for instance, we have an office and guest network going to a Palo Alto firewall. Can you do a QoS with the Guest network so that its bandwidth doesn't go above a specific limit, say 20Mbps? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

16 REPLIES 16

this link "https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3439" says "access denied" after i log in with forums account. Do you have another link that actually works?

i dont see why manuals are locked behind a login anyways... hard to tell if i dont have access, or the resource was just simply moved since you posted this in 2013.

@PaloSoSlow  At some point in the past the forums changed format and many of the old "live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/*" links broke and give an "access denied" error instead of a "not found" error (so it seems). Documents were re-written and moved to "knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/" and "documentation.paloaltonetworks.com/" (in about Sep 2018 I think).

The original /docs/DOC-3439 link redirects to /t5/tech-note-articles/qos-in-pan-os/ta-p/56051. That document, "qos in pan os", is no longer available on "live.paloaltonetworks.com/". However, if you search by the document name in KnowledgeBase and Documentation you will find the document "QoS in PAN-OS" in the KnowledgeBase:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Cm5tCAC

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!