We have a customer planning to enable IPV6 firewalling in their current data center firewalls. The firewalls are currently running in active-active HA mode. I have the below queries.
1. When I configure IPV6 address on the interfaces, is there any possibility that the HA will break or it will have flaps?.
2. When I configure floating IPV6 addresses on the firewalls, is there any possibility that the HA will break or it will have flaps?.
3. Is it mandatory to configure IPV6 addresses on the HA interfaces (like HA1,HA2 and HA3) ?
Thank you for posting questions @shabeeb
We have enabled IPv6 in a few Data Centers and Firewalls are running dual stack. During actual configuration as well as post operation we did not come across any flapping or anything similar related to HA.
1. I did not come across this issue and I believe enabling IPv6 on interface is safe and will not cause HA issue.
2. This operation should not cause an issue.
3. It is not mandatory to enabled IPv6 on HA interfaces. Your customer can keep using existing IPv4 HA configuration.
Thank you for reply @shabeeb and sorry for late respnse.
Yes, this is correct statement: only thing what we need to do is to configure the interfaces, floating IP address field of active-active HA and routing.
Regarding floating IP address, only 1.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!