Palo Alto Mgmt Port Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto Mgmt Port Issue

L2 Linker

Dear Friends,

We are facing a issue that currently we are unable to console to firewall device. But traffic is passing through active firewall. Status is HA1 backup= Down

Please advice 

Thanks,

Lakshitha

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Lakshitha,

You'll have to provide a bit more info then that. Is the management interface your HA1 backup interface? Have you tried directly connecting to the Mgmt interface and verifying that the interface itself functions as it should? 

Hi,

Yes you r correct. Tried but mgmt interface not loading even Console port also not connecting. If we reboot it it may works. But I need to know exact resion. Please advice

Thanks

Lakshitha

@Lakshitha,

At that point you really need to reload the box and see if you gain any sort of output from the firewall again. You can't troubleshoot this if you don't have any way to actually look at the box. 

@Lakshitha if neither console or mgmt interface works then check if you have configured interface management profile to any of network interfaces to allow fw management.

If yes then during offhours send active firewall to reboot and log into problematic firewall through dataplane interface.

If not then reboot problematic firewall and see if connectivity restores.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Dear Friends,

Thnaks everyone. It was sort out. Problem was an ip address on Mgmt allowed ip list. I deleted it using 

Configure

delete deviceconfig system permitted-ip <subnet to be removed>

But my question is Why Console port also does not work ?

Thanks,

Lakshitha.

@Lakshitha,

You can actually turn off the MGMT port if you've enabled FIPS mode or CCEAL4. That's the only time I would expect the console port to be non-functional short of a malfunction of the port itself. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!